It’s hump day! Tomorrow, I am sure you’ll be resting up, fueling, and hydrating so that you can get your holiday shopping done on Friday. Here are some of my tips for you!
1. Sign up for Cash Back sites- sites like Ebates offer you a percentage of your purchase price. With Ebates, you are paid quarterly once your account reaches a minimum of $10. Bank of America also has a program called Add It Up that works similarly.
2. Register with Your Favorite Stores by Email- get info on deals from stores like Express, JCPenney, Macys, Urban Outfitters, Sephora, Ulta and more delivered right to your inbox daily!
3. Check out Amazon.com- they have a page dedicated to “Lightning Deals”. They are offering limited-time deals throughout the day. Grab full seasons of The Office and The Simpson for under $15, for example.
4. Shop NOW!- Don’t wait to hit up stores on Friday. Avoid the crowds and take advantage of good deals going in-store and online right now. Several brands like Loft, Smashbox, and Kiehls have friends and family sales that start before and extend beyond Friday! One example is Zoya’s Buy One Get TWO Free sale!
5. Check Snail Mail- Bath and Body Works and other brick and mortar stores are trying to get you in before the big rush. They are mailing out worthwhile coupons that may even trump specials available this Friday.
6. Have a Plan- Have an idea of what you would like to get before stepping foot in-store or logging on. This will help you avoid purchasing something that isn’t that great a deal afterall. Ignore tags with printed crossouts. They never tried to sell it for that price, so you are not saving! Keep an eye out for stickers and red ink instead. Also, pay no attention to things that say “$xxx.xx VALUE”. Again, they were never asking that price. Instead, focus on the price difference between what they first tried to see it for and what they are asking now.
7. Don’t Forget Discount Retailers- Filene’s Basement, Marshall’s, TJ Maxx, and Ross all carry discount home good that would make great gifts. Also, some stores carry luxury handbags, high-end, shoes, and premium denim. Plus, an inexpensive, stylish dress is the perfect gift to yourself for the office party and other social events!
Remember: PLEASE be safe if you are going to brave the crowds. I’d much rather my readers get 20% off from the comfort of their homes than risk life and limb but if you must venture out, please be careful and mindful.
Good luck and HAPPY SHOPPING :)!
*Links in this post contain invites where I am rewarded for referring you